Saturday, September 16, 2006

Organizing for a Simpler Life

Ok folks,

We've been in a flurry of activity down here. In August, I attended a great trade show, and found a bunch of wonderful new products. The winning category was definitely organic baby! Many of you know that I've been looking for good organic baby products for quite a while now, and all of a sudden there are tons of options. I've got products coming in from seven new vendors, so come on in and see what we have!

I'm also in a flurry of organizing activity. It has to do with the 2nd Annual Simplicity Conference that I just got to attend in Oakland. As usual for these events, I bought some books that I thought would intrigue that audience in particular.... and we've got a collection of Organizing books by Donna Smallin.

Here we have "Organizing Plain & Simple" which, if you're a beginner is great, but if you're an old pro (like I am) at trying to get organized, you'll have heard most of these suggestions before. My favorite so far "The One-Minute Organizer." Because, while I have heard some of these suggestions before, it's great to have them in little bite-sized pieces that you can squeeze into that 15 minutes before lunch, when you don't have time to do anything big... but those small things can really add up! Finally, I'm very much looking forward to "Unclutter Your Mind," which, for me, is the biggest organization project of all!

Here's to organizing!
Jill