Saturday, February 12, 2005

In the interim

Hello folks, it's been a while... I've been bogged down in end of year, then beginning of the year work.
The highlights:
- Inventory's over and I don't have to do it again for a year.
- I spent tons of time with seed catalogs, and besides now being extremely impatient for spring, we've got a new vendor that I'm excited about.
- Calendars have pretty much come and gone.
- The flood of book catalogs has slowed from a completely-out-of-hand rate to a still-can't-keep-up rate. I've got a stack about 2 feet high at the moment. All books, all the time!
- I had a blast at the San Francisco International Gift Show last weekend. Surprisingly, I found more eco-friendly products than I expected. I'm particularly looking forward to the jelle bath, but that's a whole nuther topic.
- We're starting to sell seeds, soil, fertilizer, compost etc., so the springtime struggle to have enough of all of the above in stock, while still having room to move around in the store is on again.

I'll tell you more about the seeds soon...
Happy 2005 everyone!

jill