Friday, December 17, 2004

Seed Buying

OK, I just gotta say that sometimes the buying part of this job gets old quick. Looking through 3 foot high stacks of book catalogs - not my favorite way to spend a week. However, the seed catalogs are different!

I love 'em. We're going with a new seed vendor this year... Seed Savers Exchange. For those of you who are seed savers, you probably already know them - they're deep into protecting genetic diversity of garden plants. They're a non-profit, membership organization, and they've got a fantastic collection.

I think I may have to become a gardener this year. I just need to find myself some dirt. So - if you have any dirt that you're not using (ie. your yard... in berkeley) give me a call, maybe we can work something out!

Spring - just around the corner when you start looking at seed catalogs!

js